The L.P.A.B.C. is no longer active. Information included here for information only.
Who are the LPABC?
Leisure Practitioners Association of British Columbia (LPABC) provides services to its members through information dissemination, education, advocacy of the profession to other disciplines and/or agencies to promote quality standards of practice. The LPABC is a professional, non-profit organization established for those individuals interested in providing leisure and recreation services for the elderly.
LPABC Elected Board Members 2017/2018
Left to Right:
Donna Calvo, Anna Pickett, Jannine Rennie, Jeanne Sommerfield, Liz Friis, Surjit Jhaj, Lori Hamilton.
Our Mission Statement
The Leisure Professionals Association of British Columbia (LPABC) is a
professional organization established for those in, or providing leisure and
recreation services. Its purpose is to provide support services to its members
through information, education, advocacy of the profession to other disciplines
and/or agencies and to promote quality standards of practice.
Goals of the LPABC:
- To establish and uphold standards of excellence in the practice of
leisure services for the elderly
- To provide access to quality education and professional development
- To facilitate the exchange of information and ideas throughout our
- To facilitate public and professional interest and support for
- To promote services and health benefits of recreation and leisure